Tuesday, March 1, 2011

National Pig Day!




So I just took my 2nd microbiology exam after staying up late to do the study guide and a scholarship and I was feeling pretty nervous and down about it until The Versitile Whitemeat reminded me that it was National Pig Day! Immediately I was cheered up and decided that this would be my first of many blog post dedicaded to the pig! If you dont know me that well, I love pork. I believe that God created the pig for breakfast, italian food, chinese food, and PIZZA, but in my case for all food! So you know Hamburger Helper,(the college students 2nd main source of nutrition) who says you need to listen to the box and add hamburger? Dont get me wrong I love beef too, but Its sooo much better when you add ground pork instead!
Did you know that we can use "Everything but the Oink"? Pigs give us so much more than bacon and pork chops. Pigs not only nutritionally support us but can also medically help us. Did you know that we can make insulin needed for treating diabetics, and can use pig heart valves for human heart transplants? ( can you imagine being a vegan and finding out you just had a heart valve transplat that came from a pig?) From the hair we can make artists brushes, and from pork fat can come nitroglycerin! Among the list of other pork by products; crayons, glue, glass, pet food, gelatin, and even cosmetics! So next time you see a vegan applying their make up or enjoying some jello maybe you can drop a tid bit of information to them.
Have a great week everyone and Remember to keep Pork on Your Fork! (or in your heart, on your paintbrush, and on your lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment