Monday, August 29, 2011

Senioritis at its Finest



Well, it has finally come, senior year. I am a week into classes and I am already feeling the effects of Senioritis, however I clearly do not have the time to be slacking off. As I look back to my past few years in college I can believe how much maturity and skills I have gained through my college experiences. I am so thankful to have competed on a livestock judging team, to have the opportunity to be involved in so many clubs and activities, and have made such amazing contacts around the country.

This year I am focusing on me, number one, and my goals as they pertain to my future. Over the summer I was able to experience an amazing facet of agriculture that I feel is going to have a wonderful impact on my future career. However for those of you who personally know me, you will be surprised to find out that I will not be applying to vet school this fall. Not that I have anything against the veterinary profession, but I see my skills better serving our livestock industries in other ways. I am currently contemplating Graduate School but at the same time I am trying to have faith that the world will work out all right for me and I will be nudged in the right direction. I have come to realize that no one really graduates with their dream job and so with graduation I will still be trying to find my way to the next big thing. So with that in mind I am going to relax take my few classes I have left, enjoy my club and activity responsibilities and enjoy every minute of the company of my OKstate friends and family.

I think we all try to have too much control over our own life and so we get frustrated and anxious when we don't know what is around the corner. Although this is scary, I believe that this is all just a part of life and we need to enjoy and Be In the Moment. We all need to slow down and enjoy the time we have with each other cause once it is over, it is done.

So as you start your school year or just start your day at the farm, remember to not worry so much, be patient, things will work out, and we will all make it out in the long run. Just enjoy where you are at and the people you are with!

Put Pork on your Fork, Make Beef your Meat, and have an Eggcellent day!

1 comment: